Before gaining Horse ownership there are many preparations required and you must be ready for everything from selecting a horse to budgeting its essentials. It is better you ask few questions to yourself to ensure that you have everything on call.
- Where to search and get the best place for buying colt?
- Will the horse that I select expedient my requirement?
- Am I ready with all the daily essentials and necessities that horse needs?
- Am I ready for the unexpected expenses and other supplies required for the new champ?
- What will be the total cost and expenses for maintaining and taking good horse care?
All other things will come with experience and practice. Major aspects that should be considered are Choosing Horse Ownership.
Choosing A Horse
In this commentary, we will discuss all choosing a horse to identify various uses of the chosen colt. People take horse ownership for various reasons. Some own for keeping up their hobby for participating in many sports events while some won horses for business purposes.
Whatever the reason is, the maintenance and horse values should be given priority and preference. Many people buy a horse just for their recreational purpose and are unaware of their uses. For those who don’t know in which activities you can indulge your companion horse, here is a list of some common undertakings:
- Therapeutic riding
- Farming purposes
- Harness Race
- Horse Events
- Pleasure and amusing rides
While choosing a horse it is equally important that you see the horse values rather than the pedigree and conformations. It is because, when you want to buy any horse for meeting your specific needs, you should know the values of the horse that you will choose. There is no sense in picking up any horse that goes with the trends and beauty. Know what your purpose is and then opt for any valuable horse.
The current market situation is like- there is more demand for the valuable horses and hence the supply is low. Under such circumstances, horse values get increased. Spending money on horses thus depends upon the needs and identifying the horse’s ability to reach those needs.
Budget For Horse Ownership
Owning a horse can be enjoyable and gratifying. Despite the fact, it purely depends on the purpose. Being a horse owner it becomes your prime and legal responsibility that you take good care of every essential requirement and needs of the horse. Before buying, horse owners should get an estimate of the net benefits that he is going to gain. Basic requirements of horses that should be considered comprise of
- Feed and Water: Horses need quality feed with an ample amount of roughage that makes them healthy and fit. Pasture hay and chaff are enough for horses but, if you want to add more to their diet- grains are allowed. On the other hand, remember that major of the calories gained by the horses are from roughage. 6-7 gallons of clean water per day is required for horses in hot weather.
- Shelter: Make use of waterproof rugs in a cold climate and ensure that regular maintenance of the rugs is done properly. They must be kept in a shelter in extreme sun, rain, and wind.
- Riding Space: There should be enough open space for a horse to run and walk.
- Maintenance of General Health Care
These are the basic arrangements and things for good horse care. Apart from this, you need to make sure that you have all sorts of arrangements for your horse in case of any emergency.