When we compare the Arabian horse with other horses, we will see they are smaller in size. Therefore, due to the Arabian horse’s small size, it becomes easier for ordinary people to ride them. On the other hand, they are very intelligent. Thus, they need proper handling. Otherwise, they can get you in trouble. Although they are gentle and polite, if you will abuse or smash them, they can become rude as well. Therefore, all they need is care and love. Then, they can become your best friends. Most people use the Arabian horse for their pleasure. However, some even use them as racing horses.
Thus, we can conclude that they are similar to other horses. Moreover, they can be good friends, if we treat them properly. Hence, here are some tips, which may help you to take care of your Arabian horse.
How To Take Care Of Your Arabian Horse?
Although Arabian horses are similar to other horses, they require more attention while training. Some of the Arabian horses suffer from SCID disease. SCID is a genetic disease. In this disease, the baby horse is born with no immune system. Hence, the horse becomes so weak that he can die within the 3-4 months. Another condition which is dangerous for the Arabian horse is juvenile epilepsy. In epilepsy disease, they look beautiful in the first few months. However, after 12 months, they need treatment. Therefore, they can survive for a long time, if they get treatment at that particular time.
Moreover, they need personal attention. Hence, you should always spend time with the horse whenever you can. Make sure the horse does not misbehave while riding. If you find any misbehavior, this means that the horse is not happy with you. Furthermore, you have to take care of the horse’s diet as well, although the Arabian horse eats regular feed only.
How To Ride The Arabian Horse?
There is a lot of difference in the behavior of western and English Arabian horses. But the similarity in both of them is they should be treated politely. Hence, here are some tips on how you can ride them.
- Firstly, you have to make a good bond with the Arabian horse. Hence, you should examine how they can understand your signals.
- Secondly, make sure you are showing your dominance. Hence, do not be angry at the horse, be friendly and gentle. Thus, the horse should know that you are the owner, and he needs to follow your command.
- Most importantly, it would be better if you will use your legs instead of the rein.
Measures That A Rider Should Take While Riding
- First and foremost, make sure you are wearing a helmet as it is safe for you.
- If you are a new rider, ensure to have a trainer at your back while riding.
- Most importantly, you should know how to handle the horse. Thus, if the horse starts running fast, you must know how to control the horse and slow down.
- Last but not least, do not try to jump on your horse and spend some time with it. Be comfortable while riding the Arabian horse. Make sure to be comfortable with the horse at a lower speed, and then push to a higher rate.